Any yet again...another 2 weeks go by without a new post. So much for posting regularly. You can thank Sarah for this post who kindly mentioned that she was sick of signing into the blog and seeing brown sugar glazed kielbasa. In response to peer pressure, I decided to take a break from outlining and studying to get this new post up.
This is a regular at our house especially since the cold weather has started. It's a super easy recipe. I can put all the ingredients in the slow cooker before class and come home to a ready meal. Another plus is that it usually lasts us two plus nights (making it a great recipe for those crazy busy weeks). I make this recipe with ground turkey to make it a healthy meal. It doesn't lack in flavor at all by doing so...even ask the boyfriend who is pro-beef.
- McCormick Slow Cooker Chili Seasoning Mix (found in the spice aisle)
- 2 1bs of turkey
- 2 (14-1/2 oz) cans of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 large pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- your favorite toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chips
- Ground turkey in a large skillet, drain fat
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir until well mixed
- Cook 8 hours on low, or 4 hours on high.