Today I was looking through my pictures and came across the one below.
I made this appetizer months ago and it was a huge hit. I can't believe that I forgot to post it.
It's nothing fancy....
(the original recipe doesn't call it "tasty trashy taters" for nothing..)
It's not healthy...
(it's fried, oozing with cheese, AND wrapped with bacon and sugar...)
But it sure does taste good thanks to the salty bacon and sweet brown sugar!
In my opinion salty and sweet is the best combo.
This would be PERFECT for the next time the man in your life invites all his buddies over.
Not to be sexist, but this just screams man food for me.
It's probably because my boyfriend loves anything that is wrapped in bacon haha.
I'll certainly be saving this recipe for football season.
Football, beer, and trashy taters...
Sounds good to me!
Recipe Source: The Chew
- 1/2 bag tater tots (thaw to room temperature)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (cut into tiny blocks-about 1/4 inch)
- frank's hot sauce
- 16 ounces of bacon strips (cut strips in half)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Create an assembly line to make the tater tots:
- First, cut a small whole in the tater and place a cube of cheese in the opening.
- Dash tater with hot sauce.
- Wrap the tater with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Roll the bacon bundle in brown sugar.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with each tater.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip tater tots over and bake for a remaining 5-10 minutes.
On another note, this is my first week co-hosting Tasty Tuesdays over at Anyonita Nibbles.
Link up below!