I am the first to admit that pinterest is a HUGE source of inspiration for me. In many ways this blog is a product of my pinterest obsession. I found so many other blogs through pinterest that I was inspired to make my own! Today's post is just one of MANY examples of some fabulous ideas I get from pinterest.
I know we have all seen beer cakes on pinterest. I decided to try it out for a friend's 21st birthday. Since it is still July, I took advantage of the patriotic Buds still in stores. I just loved their colors! To match the theme I found star ribbon at the craft store.
I just love how it turned out! It is a really festive, unique, and practical gift...especially for a birthday or any type of celebration!!
The only negative is that this cake is VERY heavy and hard to transport. I would suggest putting it together on site. Lets just say it doesn't travel well in the car and you may have to rebuild once you arrive at your destination. That may or may not be from personal experience....
Read below to find out how I made this cake.
Also, here are some other 21st birthday gift ideas or "man gifts," as I like to call it, from my blog: 21st Birthday Celebration
You can follow me on pinterest here to see all the things that inspire me!
BEER CAKE DIRECTIONS
- 36 beer cans
- Decorative ribbon
- Cake circles (14", 8", and 6")
- Step 1: For the bottom layer, stack four 14" cake circles. Place about 18 beer cans on top of the cake circles. Place close attention to the outside beer cans making sure the logo is facing outward. Note: you won't have enough beer to fill the circle completely. Wrap your favorite ribbon around the outside of the beer cans. Tape the ribbon in the back
- Step 2: To make the middle layer, stack four 8" cake circles. Place about 10 beer cans on top. Repeat the rest of directions in step 1.
- Step 3: For the top layer, stack four 6" cake circles and place about 7 beer cans on top. Repeat the rest of directions in step 1.
- Stack 4: Stack each layer on top of one another.
- Stack 5: Place a final beer can and ribbon on top.