Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Even though I have to say a tearful goodbye to summer, I'm VERY excited for fall. I love the cooler weather. Snuggling up with hot tea, leggings, and flannels just sounds amazing right now.
To celebrate the new season, I decided to write down my fall wishlist. I usually do this at the beginning of every season to keep track of all the fun things I'd like to do. I love to look back on my wishlists to see all the amazing things that I got to experience.
My wishlist stays in my Erin Condren planner, which I am completely in love with!! I've had an Erin Condren planner for about 3-4 years now. I am a planner and list maker at heart, so a planner is a must for me. I LOVE watching plan with me videos on youtube and seeing how other people decorate their planner. I decided to share my wish list to inspire my fellow planner addicts out there lol. Making a wish list is a great way to utilize the blank lined pages in the Erin Condren planner. I usually write out my wishlist, then I use stickers, washi tape, and fun pictures to make it festive.
Sunday, September 18, 2016
- 1 can of Pillsbury pizza crust
- 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp relish
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Press the pizza dough in the pan and bake crust for 8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and onion. Drain. Add Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, add the ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and relish.
- Remove crust from the oven and spread the sauce on evenly. Sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle on the beef mixture and bacon. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown.
- Top with pickle slices and serve.
Friday, September 16, 2016
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 of 1 red onion, diced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 of a lime
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together, and serve with chips!
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Before it gets to be too late, I wanted to share with you some pictures from our camping trip over labor day weekend. We had the most amazing time. It was great to go up north for a few days and experience some of that cooler weather. We got to snuggle up in flannels next to the fire, and it was amazing. I am so ready for fall!
The views while we were camping were unbeat. It was so great to just relax by the river or go hiking through the woods. It was such a nice and relaxing weekend.
I'm hoping we can get out another camping trip before it gets TOO cold, but even if we can't, this trip was certainly one for the books.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
- 8 hot dogs
- cheddar cheese, cut into 8 strips
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slit hot dogs down the middle and place cheese into the slits
- Seperate the crescent rolls into triangles
- Wrap each hot dog with a piece of dough
- Place hot dogs on a greased sheet
- Top with extra shredded cheese if you like
- Bake for about 15 mins
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
My friends and I relaxed, talked, went for a beautiful walk in the park, and enjoyed this yummy (and healthy!!) pasta salad. We set up our picnic right next to the water, and had the most beautiful view.
- 1 pound of pasta, cooked
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cup lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cup scallion onions
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the mayonnaise mixture with the pasta and tomatoes.
- When ready to serve, mix in the lettuce, and place a scoop of the pasta salad on the plate. Sprinkle with bacon and scallion onions.
Note: You may want to double check these weight watcher points yourself. I did slightly alter the recipe (aka I added more bacon!), which I'm sure altered the points.
- Weight Watchers Points: 3 points per ½ cup
- SmartPoints: 4
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
- 8 small hamburger buns
- 1 package of ham
- 1 package of sliced swiss cheese
- dill pickles
- half of a white onion, chopped in small pieces
- dijon mustard
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease two baking dishes (or one depending on how big your baking dishes are)
- Place the bottom buns in the baking dish.
- Layer two slices of ham, one slice of swiss, and a few pickles on top of the bottom buns, then place the top of the rolls on top.
- Whisk together melted butter, dijon mustard, and onion.
- Pour butter mixture on top of sandwiches.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.