I can't believe its been a month since my last post! I couldn't even remember my blog password.
Lately, it seems like my days just turn into weeks which turn into months.
It's crazy how time flies when things are busy!
I now have a month worth of recipes and pictures to share with you...which I'm hoping to get up soon! I am starting off my string of blog posts with the perfect fall recipe: apple crisp. I have been LOVING my crockpot lately. So I figured, why not? Lets try a dessert! I was a little worried that the topping of the apple crisp would turn out to be mushy from being cooked in the crockpot, but the texture was just fine! In fact, I liked the apple crisp a lot! It made the apartment smell FANTASTIC, and it got me in the mood for fall!! I just can't believe its almost October...eeks!The realistic nutritionist
- 6 cups chopped apples
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp apple butter
- 4 1/2 tbsp regular butter
- Dash of salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp allspice
- Serve with vanilla ice cream
- Place chopped apples, apple butter, and lemon juice in the crockpot. Stir to coat apples.
- Mix together corn starch, 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, 1/4 tbsp nutmeg, 1/4 tbsp allspice, and white sugar in a separate bowl.
- Pour dry mixture over apples and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, 1/4 tbsp nutmeg, 1/4 tbsp allspice, and salt.
- Cut in butter using a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apple mixture.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours, until apples are soft.