Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- 2 corned beef briskets with spice packets (about 3 pounds each)
- 1/8 cup of black peppercorns
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 beers
- Place beef briskets in a slow cooker with one of the spice packets (discard the other one), black peppercorns, garlic cloves, and bay leaves.
- Cover brisket with beer. If beer does not fully cover the top of the briskets, then add water until liquid is covering briskets.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- corned beef from slow cooker recipe above
- sauerkraut (I found mine by the pickles in the deli section of my grocery store)
- sliced swiss cheese
- sliced marble rye bread
- thousand island dressing
- Once beef briskets are cooked, take the briskets out of slow cooker and let it rest on a cutting board.
- Discard the liquid in the slow cooker and cut out any excess fat from brisket.
- Slice the corned beef.
- Take two slices of bread. On each slice of bread, butter one side.
- Place one slice of bread butter side down in a skillet on medium heat.
- On top of the slice of bread add one slice of swiss cheese, then sliced corned beef, then sauerkraut, then thousand island dressing.
- Top with a second slice of swiss cheese, then the second slice of bread butter side up.
- Cook for a couple minutes letting the bread on the bottom to become golden brown, then flip.
- Cook for another minute or two until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.