This is a copy cat recipe of one my favorite breakfast spots called Sunset Cafe. I love going to Sunset Cafe but some days it is absolutely impossible to get in. Lines are usually out the door, and during the winter, standing outside is usually not an option. So, I decided to recreate the dish myself. It wasn't hard to make as the ingredients are extremely simple! Not only is this dish flavorful but there are so many beautiful colors on the plate. It definitely brightens your day!!
Note: The onions are pickled overnight so you'll want to prep this ahead of time.
Serving: 4 people
- 8 Slices of Toast
- 2-3 Avocados
- 1/2 of a Red Onion
- 2 Limes
- Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- 4 Eggs
- Overnight, you will want to pickle your red onions. This is what gives the onions a bright pink color. Thinly slice the red onion and squeeze the lime juice of two limes over the onions. Let it sit overnight (or for at least 4-5 hours).
- Toast your bread and set aside.
- Mash together the avocados to achieve a smooth consistency. Add a tad of salt and pepper.
- Cook your eggs to your preference. I love over easy or poached so you can get that glorious runny yolk.
- Assemble your toast by spreading the avocado onto the toast, then place your egg in the middle.
- Finally, add your sliced jalapenos, crumbled goat cheese, and picked red onions.