Whether you are a football fan or not, here is an amazing and easy recipe for jalopeno poppers. They are delicious! The best part is that there is no messy breading involved. All you have to do is throw them in the oven and bake them. Stuffing the peppers can be a little tedious, so you can even stuff the peppers a day before the game.
Recipe Source: Kraft Recipes
- 18 fresh jalapenos (the recipe will actually make 36 jalapeno poppers because you'll be cutting the jalapenos in half)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut jalopenos in half, and remove all the seeds and veins. This is where all the heat is so make sure you clean them out really well.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, onion, and cilantro.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Stuff each jalopeno with the cream cheese mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 mins.