I am so behind in all my posts! I cook things, take pictures of them, and then never post them! I am embarrassed to say I made this dip on memorial day....which was almost a month ago....oops! Summer is really flying by! I feel like it has something to do with summer classes. As I wish my semester away, I'm also wishing away my summer. :( Thankfully, there is only 3 weeks left to go (YAY!).
So basically I made this dip because I really wanted to make something different and unique. This dip turned out to be delicious. It tastes exactly like a loaded potato! What else could be better than bacon, sour cream, cheese, and chives. Serve with ruffle potato chips and you have the perfect dip. :)
Today I found a blog post with a collection of all different types of dips (loaded baked potato included!). You can check it out here. As the summer goes on I'm going to try to make as many of these as I can. Don't they look delicious?!
Recipe Source: My Recipes
- 1 (2.1-oz.) package bacon
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 cups (8 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Garnishes: cooked, crumbled bacon; sliced fresh chives; freshly cracked pepper
- Ruffle potato chips
- Cook bacon until crispy. Drain excess oil on paper towels. Crumble into small pieces.
- Mix bacon, sour cream, cheese, chives, and hot sauce together.
- Garnish with bacon, chives, and cheese
- Serve with ruffle potato chips and dig in!!