I can thank Hungry Girl for this recipe its just as good as the original thing! Hungry Girl is amazing. She takes comfort food and fast food recipes and makes them healthier. I'm not going to lie, this isn't going to stop me from indulging in a true taco bell crunchwrap supreme once in a while, but thanks to hungry girl I'll be able to have it more often!
This recipe is vegetarian, but of course you can just replace the soy crumbles with any ground meat if you would like.
Serving Size: 1 crunchwrap supreme
- 1 large tortilla
- 3 baked tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (I use morning farm meal starters grillers recipe crumbles. They come in a bag right by the boca burgers.)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/3 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- Combine soy crumbles, cheese, and taco seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Warm a tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds
- Lay the tortilla on a flat serface
- Place the soy crumbles in the center of the tortilla.
- Crumble baked tortilla chips
- Place sour cream, tortilla chips, lettuce and tomatoes on top of soy crumbles
- Fold edges of the tortilla inward
- Spray a pan with nonstick spray
- Cook crunchwrap in the center of the pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes
- Carefully flip the wrap over and heat other side for an additonal 30 seconds