You probably recognize this appetizer because I've posted it on my blog before. I wasn't thrilled about how the pictures in the original post turned up, so I decided to do an update post. I love this appetizer so much that I had to do it justice with better pics!
- 1 package of dried, pitted dates (about 30 dates)
- 1 container crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) package of bacon (cut raw bacon strips in the middle if they are very long strips)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice each date on top, stuff with as much blue cheese as it can hold, wrap in bacon, and secure with a tooth pick. Repeat with the remaining dates. Simple right?
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Usually i also like to turn the dates halfway through so that they crisp up evenly on all sides.
- Serve warm.