This is quite possibly the easiest chili recipe EVER. Sometimes my best meals result from being too lazy to go to the grocery store and trying to cook something based on the things I already have in my kitchen. I haven't been to the grocery store in a few days so I was only working with canned food and things in my freezer. Thankfully, I came up with this chili and it was pretty yummy!
- Bag of frozen onions and peppers (bought in the frozen food aisle)
- Taco seasoning packet (have 2 of the packets on hand just in case you need some more flavor)
- Corn Starch
- Can of corn (15 oz)
- Can of black beans (15oz)
- Can of pinto beans (15oz)
- Spray a deep pan with pam and place on medium to high heat
- Pour in about 3/4 of the frozen onions and peppers
- While the onions and peppers are defrosting, rinse the black beans and pinto beans in a strainer
- Pour the beans into the pan with the onions and peppers
- Pour the entire can of corn into the pan including the liquid
- It should look liquidy at this point but thats good!
- Sprinkle in the taco seasoning and let the mixture boil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- In a small dish, mix a tablespoon of corn starch into water
- Pour corn starch mixture into the pan, stirring frequently
- If the corn starch does not thicken the chili to your liking then you can add some more!
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings