Recipe Source: Cupcakes: Sensational Sweet Treats for Any Occasion
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake tin with 24 cupcake liners.
- Beat cake mix, apple cider, eggs, and oil in a bowl with a mixer on low until blended.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Afterwards, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare Apple Cider Frosting by beating the butter and apple cider in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Once blended, gradually beat in 4 cups of powdered sugar until smooth.