Well it's that time of year again! Get out your shamrocks and Kiss Me I'm Irish Tshirts because Saint Patrick's Day is here! I didn't have a chance to try any new recipes this year, but I wanted to reshare these two recipes that I posted a couple years ago. They are oldies but goodies!! My friend Sarah and I went through a phase where we absolutely LOVED girls scout cookie shots. They are like a sweet dessert. I think they are absolutely perfect for Saint Patrick's Day because of the festive color. Also, who doesn't love dirt pudding? I love pistachio pudding so this dessert is most definitely a favorite of mine!! If you are looking for some more Saint Patrick's Day desserts check out my Jameson Cake and Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes!
SAINT PATRICKS DAY DIRT PUDDING
- Pistachio Pudding
Make a box of pistachio pudding according to the directions on the box. Take a bunch of oreos (or your favorite cookies) and crush them up. Layer the pudding and crushed cookies, and there you go!! One box of pudding made about 3 martini glasses.
- Creme de menthe-green
- Girl Scout Thin Mints (Oreos or Keebler's Grasshoper Cookies are great too!)
- Chocolate Syrup
- Place cookies in a ziploc bag.
- Crush cookies using a rolling pin.
- Pour crushed cookies onto a plate.
- On a separate plate, pour chocolate syrup.
- Dip a shot glass first into chocolate syrup then immediately into crushed cookies.
- Pour 1/2 oz of kahlua, bailey's, and creme de menthe into a shaker with ice. Shake until cold.
- Strain into prepared shot glass.