I found this recipe on pinterest and made it not even knowing what chicken flautas were. In case you're wondering, its a mexican dish (duh!) usually served fried...oh and they are delicious. My eyes saw a creamy cheesy filling wrapped in a tortilla and guacamole and I was like DONE and DONE. I decided to bake them instead of frying them to make them a little healthier. I also swapped out sour cream for greek yogurt like I normally do. Believe me, you can not tell the difference. Its just as creamy and tasty! I also used greek yogurt in the guacamole. My friend Lindsey made this guacamole last weekend and I became obsessed. I figured the guacamole would be perfect to have with the flautas and it was!!
- 4 avocados
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, diced with the seeds removed
- 2 big spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt (you're welcome for the exact measurement!)
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- salt, pepper
- 1 lime
- Mix avocados and greek yogurt together until smooth.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapenos.
- Add lime juice from one lime -this will help prevent the avocados from browning.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
Chicken Flautas Ingredients:
- 16 tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 8 oz bag of taco shredded cheese
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- olive oil
Chicken Flautas Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees
- Heat a skillet with olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until softened. Add corn and cook for another 2 minutes. Then, add shredded chicken, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Stir and cook until combined and cheese is melted. (This will only take a 3-4 minutes.)
- Spray two 9x13 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place some filling in each tortilla. Tightly roll the tortilla and place in the baking dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.