bacon wrapped tater tots for a reference hahah). I made some great subsitutions to this recipe to make these tacos healthier but still taste amazeballs!! Instead of a taco shell, I used a fiber one wrap (which is only 80 calories) and cut the wrap into 4 taco shells. Then, I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and plain chobani instead of sour cream. Top it off with pico de gallo and some hot sauce and you've got some delish tacos!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- chopped onion
- chopped pepper
- taco seasoning packet (Note: I used McCormick mild taco seasoning...try to find one that is low sodium)
- fiber one wraps
- your favorite toppings: pico de gallo, hot sauce, chobani, cheese, lettuce, jalapenos, olives
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray and saute peppers and onions.
- Once cooked, place the peppers and onions on a separate plate.
- Spray pan again with nonstick cooking spray, and brown the ground turkey.
- After draining the excess fat from the pan, add the peppers and onions to the cooked ground turkey meat.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water (follow the directions on your seasoning packet).
- Cup up the fiber one wrap into taco shells (I cut the wrap like a pizza, one wrap making 4 shells)
- Add taco meat and your favorite toppings to each shell.