So I was looking through my pictures tonight and came across these! My friend Sarah and I made these cupcakes for the superbowl last year. The star of these cupcakes are the mini footballs. They are peanut butter and chocolate candies. They make great cupcake toppers and are delicious on their own as well. Feel free to use your favorite cupcake and frosting recipe to make the cupcakes. I made a vanilla frosting, used food coloring to make it green, and then sprinkled green sugar on top. I used green to mimic a football field. Finally, I placed the chocolate football on top and served. I've included the recipe for the chocolate footballs below. I hope these come in handy at your next football party!
Don't forget to enter my cupcake giveaway while you're here!! (http://www.girlsgonefood.com/2013/01/cupcake-giveaway_6.html)The giveaway ends on Tuesday!!
Recipe Source: About.com
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 cup smoothy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 8 ounces chocolate candy coating
- extra vanilla frosting to make lines on football
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix peanut butter and butter on medium until creamy and well combined
- Add powdered sugar, cocoa, salt, and vanilla. Mix on low until combined.
- Add the milk and mix until the mixture moistens and comes together.
- Once mixture is combined, form the candy into football shaped balls.
- Place the balls on the lined baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler.
- Dip the balls individually into the melted chocolate and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator until candies are hardened.
- Place extra vanilla frosting in a piping bag.
- Using a thin tip, decorate the footballs with laces.
- Bring footballs to room temperature before serving.