Today I'll be sharing the recipe for one of the most yummy cakes I have had in a while. I like to call it a pina colada cake as it consists of pineapple, coconut, and cream. Its the perfect cake to celebrate the end of the summer! It is also super easy to make. I got the recipe from Paula Deen. She likes to call it the better than sex cake. I guess you'll have to make the cake yourself to see if the cake lives up to its name.
Recipe Source: Paula Deen
- 1 box yellow cake, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple of juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 3.4 ounce box pudding, plus ingredients to prepare.
- 1 8 oz container cool whip
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make yellow cake according to package.
- While cake is baking, combine pineapple and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Set to the side and let cool slightly.
- Remove cake from oven. Using a fork, pierce the cake all over. Pour the pineapple all over the cake.
- Prepare pudding according to package. Spread pudding over cake.
- Spread cool whip over pudding and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill cake in fridge.