I LOVE zucchini bread and I LOVE Nutella so I knew these muffins would be over the top. They certainly did not disappoint. I'll be making these again soon. This recipe will make 12 muffins.
Recipe Source: A Spicy Perspective
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with 12 liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon). Wisk together.
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar together. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. This will be your wet mixture.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add zucchini and lemon zest to mixture and stir until mixed together.
- Place batter into muffin tins.
- Place a tsp of nutella on top of each muffin and use a toothpick to swirl nutella around the top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes.