Whenever I have overly ripe bananas, I always make this banana bread. I love this recipe because it substitutes apple sauce for sugar which makes it much healthier. I decided to have something extra special with it by making cinammon sugar butter this time. I guess this defeats the purpose of making a healthy banana bread but whatever! It tasted delicious. Hope you enjoy!
Banana Bread Recipe
Recipe Source: Skinny Taste
Makes 1 loaf in a 8x5 inch loaf pan
- 5 ripe bananas (the more ripe the better!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1-1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt).
- In a seperate bowl, cream together butter and sugar using an electric mixture.
- Add eggs, banana, apple sauce, and vanilla to the butter. Beat at medium speed until mixture is thick.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Mix at low speed until combined.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool on a baking rack for 20 minutes before serving.
Cinammon Sugar Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Beat three ingredients together with an electric mixture. Serve with banana bread, toast, bagels, etc. Its yummy!