I love making pizza at home. I was inspired to make this pizza from this month's cooking light magazine. The fun thing about pizza is you can see a picture, and then add your own things to it. You can make the pizza your way depending on your taste and what you like. The pizza I chose to make today is a really fresh pizza. It has a lot of flavors that remind me of spring, like fresh veggies and lemon zest. Of course other veggies would taste good on this pizza too like mushrooms and onions. And of course I always top my pizza off with dried oregano and red pepper flakes...YUM.
- 16 oz dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fat free ricotta
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 ounces shredded chicken
- lemon zest, from half of a lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded parmigiano reggiano cheese
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out dough into a 10 x 16 inch square (or whatever size fits your pan).
- Spray the pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the dough on top of the pan.
- Roll in the edges to make a crust.
- Take a fork and poke it all over the dough to prevent the dough from making the bubbles.
- Take the two tbsp of oil and brush it all over the dough.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the dough, then veggies, then chicken.
- The last step is to sprinkle lemon zest and parmigiano reggiano cheese all over.
- Place pizza in the oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.