True or False...I should just make this a mexican food blog? Sorry for the similar recipes lately but I warned you that I L-O-V-E mexican food. Plus, I had leftover ingredients from the flautas I made on Thursday. Sometimes you just need to work with what you got!
I have to admit..I've never been a huge fan of quinoa. I've always found it kinda tasteless and boring. Its probably because I only make it when I'm on a diet and diet food just makes me sad. I've never had quinoa with enchilada sauce though, and now I'm kinda in love with it. The enchilada sauce, chiles, and everything else gave it so much flavor. Crazy goodness! Who would have thought quinoa could taste so good?!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (I used green sauce because its my favorite)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded taco cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Cook quinoa according to the package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, pinto beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Pour quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Garnish with diced tomato and avocado