This salad is perfect for grilling season and warm weather! I'm so happy that its that time of the year again!! It definitely puts a smile on my face. This salad was perfect with some grilled chicken that I made this week. I made it as a side salad, but next time I might try to cut the cucumbers and onions with a mandoline slicer to use it as a topping for chicken, fish or anything really! Since its such a simple recipe I'm sure I'll be making it a lot the next few months. It's so colorful, fresh, and yummy too!! It also takes a mere 5 minutes to make which is usually all the time I have to put something together to eat during the week. Its finals time...which means studying comes first, sleeping comes second, and takeout comes third... Cooking is nonexistent unless it takes under 10 minutes, so I am always on the lookout for healthy easy things to make! Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 sliced cucumbers
- 2 medium sized limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well, taste, and season as needed.
- Serve immediately or let it rest in the refrigerator before serving.